If anyone besides me is watching the baby countdown calendar at the top of the page, you'll notice we've only got 18 days to go until due day. This is so unreal to me. Back in January it was hard to believe I was even pregnant. Now we have a house full of baby stuff, I have a massively huge pregnant body, and can actually count the number of days if I use my fingers and my toes!
My doctor appointment went well yesterday. Everything is good. BP is 110/70, weight is 172, and my tummy measurement is actually over a cm less than last week meaning the baby has "dropped." Robbie's heartbeat is strong, but he is a stubborn little guy. Every time the doctor gets his heartbeat strong on the Doppler, he moves out of the way and she has to hunt him down again! The doctor said that it was just a wait-and-see game at this point. I could go into labor today, or next week, or three weeks from now. We have our bags for the hospital packed and I am trying desperately to get my house as clean as possible. Yesterday we met with a potential pediatrician. He seems really great and we are going to try him out for our new little guy.
I've been getting a lot of advice about how to get labor started. Everyone seems to have their own tried and true method. Today alone I was told the following:
1. Go out and walk 5 miles; 2. Have lots of sex;
3. Eat Bourbon Chicken; 4. Drink Castor Oil
I think I may just go sit on the couch and wait for the baby to decide the time. Check back with me in 3 weeks if there still isn't a baby and I may be walking around the block eating chicken and texting Sam at work telling him he needs to come home early. I hope it doesn't come to that. I think I will pass completely on the Castor Oil. That sounds horrible and unsafe! Well, the dryer just buzzed, so I need to go fold a load of baby clothes from the most recent shower. To quote Sam: "How could someone who isn't even here yet have so many clothes?" Keep us in your prayers!
Things I See In My Backyard That I'd Never Want To Eat
-
Today's episode of "Things I See In My Backyard That I'd Never Want To Eat"
was written on location here in Swampsville, Florida. (Aka Orlando.)
Nope.
...




2 comments:
I'm praying and counting! I can't wait to meet him. Love you guys
I ate 'labor salads' every day for four days, and on the fifth day I went into labor :)
They're yummy too! If you google it you'll find the recipe everywhere.
I'll be constantly checking your blog and thinking about you guys. This time is SOO exciting!
Post a Comment