Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Babies Everywhere... Just not ours yet!

Today we had a doctor appointment at 7:40AM. When we got there I did the whole BP (96/60), weight (172), pee in the cup deal and then we went to the room to wait on the doctor. A few minutes later, the nurse came in and said that my doctor was upstairs in the labor/delivery ward and had two patients who were about to deliver at any moment. They asked us if we could come back in the afternoon. Since Sam had the day off and I'm not working, we said sure and went home. Sometime later, we got a call from my friend Courtney who is the labor partner for one of her friends. She said that her friend had gone into labor and that ALL OF THE LDRP ROOMS at Clarian were FULL! She wondered if I was in one of them! Nope!

We returned to the doctor in the afternoon and were told once again that my doctor was with a third patient about to deliver anytime. So, we ended up seeing the nurse practitioner instead. According to the nurse, anytime there is a big storm coming, the Maternity Ward fills up and they start delivering babies like crazy! Maybe something about the barometric pressure? Anyways, for those interested in the gory details, I am "completely thinned out" and "1 cm dilated." This means to the average person.... drum roll please.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It means I could start having contractions at any moment OR that I could sit around like this for another 3 weeks. I really hope it's not another 3 weeks! The NP was slightly concerned that my tummy measurement and weight were the same as last week and so she ordered an ultrasound to check and make sure that my amniotic fluid wasn't low. The ultrasound showed everything was OK with the fluid, so no problems there. We got to see our little chubby cheeked Robbie in there again, which is always very cool. He is pretty crowded so it was hard to get a good view of him. We also found out that he has some hair on his little head, which is exciting! There were a couple of other things that we talked about at this visit I won't go into detail about. Let's just leave it that everything is still looking OK for being just shy of 39 weeks and that it appears the baby has no plans to make an early appearance.

No other big news. I spent most of the day napping. I have a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and trips to the bathroom at night, so can't seem to get a good night of rest anymore. Sam spent some time today working in the yard and relaxing. He has Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off this week! Yeah! We're both going to miss the Olympic women's gymnastics competition and most of all gymnastics commentator/coach Bela Karolyi who is so much fun to watch! Bela should do commentary for all sporting events!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I'm a little ashaimed to admit that I've been checking your blog like a psycho stalker... every couple of hours to see if Robbie's here!! It's not as bad as it sounds... I work on the computer all day, so you're just a click away. I still feel like a bit of a stalker though... :) Take it easy!!!