Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Cutest Laundry In the World

According to my baby books, it's time to start getting ready for baby. I'm supposed to pack a few things in my hospital bag for myself, Sam, and baby. I'm supposed to wash all the baby clothes and sterilize all the bottles/pacifiers. I need to make a list of "people to call" and when to call them. I need to make sure the camera batteries are charged up and start thinking about making meals to freeze so we won't have to cook the few days after the baby's arrival. Since my doctor doesn't foresee this baby arriving early, I figure I have some time to waddle about my house doing these chores at my leisure.

Yesterday and today, I've been doing the cutest laundry in the world: teeny-tiny t-shirts and itty bitty socks... baby blankets and little washcloths... adorable onesies and microscopic baby hats... SO CUTE! From what I've heard, everyone starts out like me. I carefully sorted lights and darks before washing and cooed over each little piece as I folded it. Apparently a few days after the baby comes, I will spend time treating stains and trying to keep things organized. Skip ahead and I've heard I will be tossing everything together into one big load and stuffing the quickly-folded dry items into whichever drawer has room. For now, I will enjoy the time I have to appreciate this diminutive domestic chore and appreciate all the adorable little things. Just think how cute they will be with a baby dressed in them! Wait-- maybe I should have said that the other way around! Happy Tuesday!

No comments: