If the shoe fits... BUY IT!

Sam and I took Robbie shoe shopping yesterday. You'd think buying shoes for an infant would be pretty easy. You find the right size. You buy a shoe. I spent several hours on Monday hitting local second-hand stores and department stores with no luck. Robbie's foot is a size 4 in length and a size 5 in height. In other words, you can't even squeeze his fat little foot into a 4, but a 5 is an inch too long and he can't walk in it.
So we spent all day Tuesday shoe shopping. We tried and tried and tried on shoes. Dozens and dozens of shoes... too long, too narrow, too short. Even the adorable baby Crocs won't fit. We ended up shelling out major moula for a cute pair of size 4 Pediped sneakers from Buy Buy Baby and found a pair of sandals that would work from WalMart.
Last night, Robbie got his first boo-boo (a badly scraped knee) while walking in the driveway. Sometimes we just can't be quick enough to catch him! So today, we made a trip to Target and got some funky Batman band-aids.
Do you think God sees me like I see Robbie? I've given Robbie the tools he needs to walk and I am so proud of him. But sometimes, he falls and gets hurt. So I wipe away his tears, kiss his knee, and bandage him up. Even though it is hard-- I'm going to put his shoes on and let him walk outside again today. God doesn't keep us from every little hurt, but he is always there to comfort us and encourage us to try again. So Velcro up your shoes, step outside, and get walking, people! LIVE!




No comments:
Post a Comment