Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Christmas in July

Robbie must be wishin' for Christmas in July... all he wants is his two front teeth.
Yup. We are teething again. I say "we" instead of "he" because it feels like a family event: when he's grumpy and uncomfortable, we all feel it; when he wakes up at 2Am and refuses to go back to sleep, we all get to be awake; when he is completely covered in drool... you guessed it.. we're all slimy. So, faithful readers, pray for my sweet baby and his swollen top gums.

On the bright side, we've been having some fun the last few days. I found these super cute iron-ons at Wal-Mart that I just couldn't pass up-- One for our little rock star, one for our little pirate.

Robbie's new thing is pointing at the camera any time he sees it. Here is a funny one while he is eating and another on from our independent family holiday "Dress Like Daddy Day."
We also went to the zoo for an hour or so last week. It wasn't so busy this time. Robbie again enjoyed the aquarium and the penguins more than anything else. Although the meerkats caused a great deal of pointing and "Ooooo Ooooo"-ing.
Robbie now has four "sign" in his repertoire-- "light" (which he does in the morning when you walk into his dark room), "eat" (which he does when you put him in his high chair or when he's hungry), "hi/bye" (the adorable baby wave), and "touchdown" (which of course is not very useful, but very high up on the cuteness scale). We're working on a few more and hopefully will have some success before he goes back to daycare in a few weeks.

School is approaching so quickly! I anticipate going back to work with mixed emotions. I'm always pumped and excited at the beginning of a new year, but the lazy person in me dreads having to wake up so stinkin' early every day. I'm also looking forward to spending time with adult people and having more adult conversations, but I will miss spending so much time with my little Robbie! I'm excited that I get to teach 3 sections of a G/T math course but am a bit bummed by the low enrollment in my Discrete Math course. So, we shall see!
Gotta Run! Nap time is almost up!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE the onsies! I've seen the ABCD one before... but the 'bootie' one made me laugh out loud! :)

Katy Gorrell said...

I love reading your blog...Robbie is a cutie...I just have to ask, what is discrete math? Math that is low key? Math that asks questions secretly???

AJL said...

Ha! Katy you are funny!

Discrete Math is kind of hard to explain... students take it as an option after Algebra 2 instead of precalculus. It is problem solving. In the part of the course I teach, we study how votes are counted in an election, the mathematics of voting with quotas involved, how to divide objects so everyone feels they got a "fair share", etc. We also study a lot of graphs and ask questions like, "What is the cheapest route a salesman can take to visit 5 different cities exactly once"