Photo: Brent, Christine, & Jimmy
The Strunk side of my family gathers once a month on a Saturday to share a meal and to fellowship. Sam and I hosted the July gathering at our house. We had a very nice time! All of the "cousins" were there except my sister Nancy and my cousin Bob who had to work. It was a pleasant surprise to everyone that my cousin Brent, his wife Christine, and their newborn Jimmy were able to come. Brent's family lives in Louisiana where Brent & Christine are math professors at Unv. of LA Monroe. They made the stop at our house on the way to a conference in Wisconsin. That baby is adorable! After the food, the kids and most of the adults participated in an all out water fight in the back yard including water balloons and super-soakers. I watched from inside in the air conditioning! When the coast was clear, I delivered popsicles to the survivors!
Side Note Concerning Cousins: (This is for Aunt Pat)
Brent and I are first cousins. His son Jimmy and I are first cousins once removed. Jimmy and Robbie will be second cousins. Brent and Robbie will be first cousins once removed.




No comments:
Post a Comment