Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

I am the BATMAN! Ok, so not really... but Sam and I did go see the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight," yesterday evening. We really enjoyed it. I know that the movie got a lot of hype over Heath Ledger's death-- but man, his Joker was very well done.

Sam and I ALWAYS stay until the very end of the movie credits now ever since a few disastrous early leaves. We missed the outtakes at the end of "A Bug's Life" and we missed Professor X's not really being dead at the end of "X Men 3" to name a few. However, there were no after credit surprises at the end of this movie, so if you're like us-- don't worry, you're not going to miss anything if you leave when the credits start to roll. It is so annoying to leave early only to have someone say, "Wasn't it funny to see the dog being the king of the cannibals at the end of Pirates..."

Moment to Vent:
Sam said that he heard on the news that a lot of parents were upset about how scary the Dark Night was and how the movie upset their children. This ticks me off because if you take an under-the-age-of-13 kid to see a PG13 movie without previewing it yourself first, then you don't have the right to complain that your 5-year-old got scared. Argh. Just because it's based on a comic book character does not make it a little kid's movie, no matter what the marketing people want you to believe. There were dozens of SMALL children in the theater when we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Even I got a little freaked out with the Amazon ants who picked that guy up and essentially ate him alive. How the heck is a little kid supposed to deal with that??? Moment Over-- sigh, I feel better.

1 comment:

AJL said...

For those who voted on my blog poll, Christian Bale won out as the best actor to play Batman with 50% of the total vote. Michael Keaton was 2nd with 25% of the vote.