My blog is woefully out of date. Apparently having two children AND a blog is too much for me.
So: super quick summary - we had a baby girl, Molly Brianna on March 10, 2013. She is perfect. We love her to pieces. I went back to work for a couple of weeks and now am on summer vacation. We just got back from a trip to Florida to visit my parents. My mom told me that I never posted pictures of how the nursery turned out... so here they are.
First off, this is a really small room. When we went to put the furniture from Robbie's nursery into it, we were shocked at how difficult it was to get everything to fit.
Above you can see the cool vinyl quote that our friend Dan made for us. I looked forever at quotes and re-read a lot of the Dr. Seuss books. I found several that I liked but also discovered that a lot of quotes that are attributed to Seuss on the Internet are either mis-attributed or just plain made up. I even had my librarian pal Robyn research one to see if it had a real Seuss source, but couldn't find one. We ended up going with this one from "Oh! The Places You'll Go." You can also see the artwork and mobile I made.
My mother-in-law Gwen made the valence. The curtains are light-blocking thermal panels from Target.
Since the room is so small, we decided to take the closet doors off to make everything easier to access. This also allowed us to put the glider in front of the closet. Gwen made another small curtain which we hung with a tension rod in the top of the closet. This covered up the storage so I could randomly stuff things up there that I don't want to be visible.
Here is another vinyl graphic from our friend Dan. This shelf and one on the other side of the room were made by my grandfather Gene Strunk. He did a lot of woodworking and I received these shelves when he passed away. I love that we were able to hang them in Molly's room.
On the shelf we have the Truffula Trees that I made, a cute Dr. Seuss Tonner doll from my mom Shirley, and a sweet little stuffed Horton from Kohls.
So that is it. It's pretty cute, I think and not too overwhelming. Thank you everyone for your help putting this all together... especially Sam for doing all the installation and heavy lifting... and for putting up with my crazy. Also thanks to my mom who gave me lots of good ideas and let me talk her ear off. Thanks to M.I.L. Gwen for sewing the valences, the bedskirt, and two adorable little baby quilts. Thank to Dan for doing such great vinyl graphics and even coming over to install them when I was 9 months pregnant and miserable.
Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!




4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. What a precious room. Very well thought out but what else would I expect from a Math teacher.
Thanks, Rhena! :)
Love! Love! Love!
Thank you, mama!
Post a Comment