Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dr. Seuss Nursery - Part 3 - Mobile

Robbie's nursery had a cute little Indianapolis Colts Football Mobile that hung above his crib, but that didn't quite work with our new theme.  I looked online and again found that the items available seemed really expensive for the quality and not really what I wanted. So, I decided to make my own.

I looked on Amazon and found this cool "Make Your Own Mobile" Kit.  Basically, it is a simple wire frame with 10 little clips on the bottom for attaching the items of your choice.

I had some adorable Dr. Seuss themed material samples I ordered from Cotton Blossom Farm (a great online fabric store).  One had little characters on it and the other was a cool rainbow stripe.  I made little pillows from the fabric.  On the top of the mobile, I used a teeny-tiny iconic red & white hat that I purchased at our local Party City store.  Dr. Seuss' birthday is coming up and they have lots of decorations available.  So cute!


 
I think this turned out pretty cute.  I love how colorful it is.  Also, when little one grows out of Dr. Seuss, I think we can make a new decoration with it by adding something different to the clips.

No comments: