Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

What a week.

Well, little Robbie, like many a poor baby carted off to daycare for hours on end, has a double ear infection. He caught a cold a week ago, we took him to the doctor and was told fluids and rest. Then yesterday he refused to sleep, screamed every time you laid him down, and had a fever. Sam had the day off and took him back to the doctor who told him that now both ears were infected. Antibiotics for 10 days. Tylenol and Ibuprofen for pain. Fluids. Rest.

Robbie has been sick most of his life it seems. Overall, he has had more healthy days than sick days, but he seems to catch some illness about once a month. I wonder if he wasn't at daycare if he would be healthier or if I didn't work in a school or if he was in a giant plastic bubble...

He's had ear infections (May), viral exanthem (April), a cold (March), bronchitis (February), Pneumonia (January), a cold w/ear infection (December), pink eye (November), a cold (October), cradle cap/contact dermatitis (September).

But, despite all of that, he is so incredibly happy and pleasant. He is only fussy when he feels bad. He cries a bit and fights sleep when he's tired or hungry. All other times he is smiling, "talking", playing, investigating, cuddling, and on the move. He "sings" and "plays" the piano when I sit him on my lap. He mimics and growls back and forth with Sam. He claps his hands and smiles. He eats anything and everything he can get his hands on. He is fascinated with windows and the outdoors. He will eventually warm up and play with anyone. He grows every weeks and is constantly developing new skills. He'll be walking any day, I know it!

So, we deal with the bad when it comes around. We relish and savor the good for all its worth. Sometimes I hold him when he sleeps because he needs that comfort. Sometimes I hold him when he sleeps because I need that comfort... he doesn't seem to mind.

In about a week he will be nine months old! In just a few short months we will be celebrating the day we brought this precious little one home from the hospital. Tomorrow, though--- tomorrow he is going to spend the night at his Nana and Poppy's house... so his mommy and daddy can get some much needed rest!

No comments: