Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday with Mommy

As dictated to Mommy by Robbie:

Today I decided to wake up at 5AM. No body else was up yet, so I decided to let them know it was time to get out of bed. I hollered a little and sure enough, Mommy came right in... eventually. She rescued me from the confines of my crib, relieved me of a very wet diaper, and gave me a yummy breakfast bottle. She kept whispering, "go back to sleep" over and over again. Mommy is so funny! I was ready to play, not to sleep! She took some convincing, but pretty soon she scooped me up and carried me into the other room. We said goodbye to Daddy as he left for work and I checked out all my toys to make sure none had disappeared overnight... they were all there. Mommy made herself a cup of something stinky and sipped it from a mug with my picture on it. When she was done she made me take my medicine. Today is my last day. I don't mind it so much, though. Mommy says it tastes like strawberries. I guess she's right, but I've never had a strawberry before.

I got pretty tired -- it's rough being a baby -- and decided to take a nap. I love Saturdays with Mommy because she usually naps with me instead of putting me in my crib. I like to snuggle up to her and put my ear on her chest and listen to her heartbeat. Even though I wanted to make this a short nap, Mommy kept whispering, "go back to sleep". I decided to listen this time. Mommy seemed very happy. Grandma told me that napping is one of Mommy's favorite things to do in the whole world.

After our nap, Mommy and I had a snack then, oh boy! We went for a walk around the neighborhood. Lots of people had these big noisy machines and were walking around in their yards. Daddy has one too and sometimes tells me that when I get big enough, I'll get to use it. I've never seen Mommy walk around the yard with it. Maybe mommies can't use the yard machine.

The rest of the day was pretty good. Daddy came home and then we all went to WalMart so we could buy some stuff that we "needed". I didn't see anything in the cart that I needed, but it was fun to ride around, anyway. People smile at me all the time when we are out. I smile back-- to be friendly, you know -- and then they smile even more. Mommy says I'm a very good boy. I do try really hard to be... even if sometimes I forget.

Tonight I had sweet potatoes and turkey out of a little jar. Mommy says that this year I'll get to have REAL sweet potatoes and turkey at something called Thanksgiving. Last year at Thanksgiving they made me wear a bib with a funny bird on it. I'm thinking this year, I'm going to ask for a festive t-shirt. Bibs are SOOO last year.

I had such a good time with Mommy today! She says we have the whole summer to play together! Oh boy! I may get up extra early tomorrow so we can get in a good start to the day. Early to bed, early to rise, you know.


2 comments:

Shirley E Childers said...

Robbie..you are a very good writer. Love Grandma

Emily Barlow said...

And you are such a cutie! Give your momma a hug for me, ok?