Hair today... gone tomorrow?
The Long and Short of It.
Making the Cut.
How to choose a title.... it's just too difficult.
I decided to donate my hair, which had been growing without a cut for a little over a year. I researched several programs and decided on Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. Unlike Locks of Love, which primarily makes wigs for children suffering from a genetic disorder that causes hair loss, and Wigs for Kids, which primarily makes wigs for children with cancer, the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program partners with the American Cancer Society to provide real-hair wigs to adult women with cancer who have lost their hair during chemotherapy. This really struck a chord with me as I see myself helping someone who could be just like me, a working mom, a wife, a woman but unlike me is fighting the monster that is cancer. If such a simple thing such as my hair could help her retain her dignity and make her feel beautiful, then I am all for it.
So, off to the salon with my dearest gal pal Brianna. Here are some pictures from the cut.
| Pre-cut: My long hair |
| Banded up into ponytails as per Beautiful Lengths instructions. |
| Severed ponytails in their plastic bag, ready to be mailed. |
| New Short Hairdo |
| Short! |
If you are interested in donating your own hair, please click on the link here and look into the Pantene Beautiful Lengths Program. I am so glad that I did this!
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" ~ Charlotte Bronte




No comments:
Post a Comment