Today in class a students says to me, "Mrs. Leahy, do you want to hear something funny? Time Flies like an arrow..." -- and so I finished it for him, "Fruit flies like a banana." I even pretended to hold a fake cigar.
The student was shocked and confused and questioned how I knew the end of the quote.
I laughed and said, "Oh, I love Groucho Marx!"
The student replied, "Who's Groucho Marx?"
... and then I died a little on the inside.
So here's to you, Groucho.
A few of my favorite, you-isms sent out into the void.
Before I speak, I have something important to say.
I intend to live forever, or die trying.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
Women should be obscene and not heard.
Die, my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do!
......
And Ok, Ok, the fruit fly quote and the dog quote many say are misattributed to Marx... but they're still funny... so ... well... I'm keeping 'em.





No comments:
Post a Comment