
A few days ago I was selling some old books and DVD's at Half Price Books. While waiting on my offer, I starting browsing a
stack of vintage retro signs. They had several that were superheroes and an idea began to take root.
1. Robbie's room needs to be updated from his adorable nursery to something suitable for a NEARLY THREE YEAR OLD. (Sheesh, how can he be almost 3?)
2. Robbie loves superheroes - especially Batman & Robin.
3. Superheroes are cool.
So after a few days of planning we are ready to get started.
Prep Work:
1. Research Ideas, develop design scheme
2. Buy Posters

3. Order Superhero costume on etsy for Robbie
4. Choose fabric for new valences & paint for design
5. Buy new bedspread and toy storage
The SUPER plan:
1. Paint walls.
2. Paint "city scape" mural.
3. Sew valences.
4. Hang Posters, new "light blocking" curtains, & valences.
5. Trade out Rocking Chair for Train Table with toy storage.
6. Rearrange furniture to maximize play area.
7. Have Dan & Julie Rhine take photos of Robbie in superhero costume, frame and add to room decor.

I'll be posting as we transition to the new room! I hope this goes well.




No comments:
Post a Comment