However.
He is EXHAUSTING some times! So much energy! Wow! So today, I decided to take him to a nearby playground. He was thrilled to get out and start running around. When I tested the playground equipment, though, OUCH! You could have fried an egg on the slide and burned your biscuits on the swing. Trying to avoid the tantrum I knew would come after giving my toddler a taste of sweet freedom and then strapping him back into the carseat, I had him carefully put his hand on the slide and said "hot". He pulled his hand back and replied "hot". I bent down and explained to him that it was too hot to play here and that if he got back in the car I would take him to the park across town. "Park? Park!" And wouldn't you know it, he marched back to the car and got in with no problems. (Whew)
When we got to the park, Robbie was so excited that he spent the first ten minutes running to and fro just checking things out. He climbed towers and went down slides. He swang in a toddler swing and then again in a big boy swing. He ran and climbed and jumped and sweated buckets.
Here we are next to the creek. This is the response I got when he started waving "bye bye" to the water. I asked him where the water went... I guess he didn't know!




No comments:
Post a Comment